SC ZIMTUB SA Zimnicea is an important
Romanian producer of spiral and black longitudinally welded
steel pipes, with an active presence both on the Romanian and the
The company was
founded in 1978, when production of spiral welded tubes started. As new
plants were commissioned, product range was extended with black
longitudinally welded pipes in 1984. And, through a daring investment programme, the list of ZIMTUB products is not completed yet.
As a port on the
Danube river, Zimnicea is directly linked with Europe
while deliveries to other continents are performed through Constantza, the
biggest Romanian Black Sea harbour.
products and the experience gained in over 30 years have consolidated ZIMTUB market position, the company
ranking among the most important Romanian steel tubes suppliers.
ZIMTUB's large portfolio, including
customers both in Romania
and abroad, with whom long-lasting relationships have been established, is
a proof of our business partners' confidence in our commitment and
competence. This confidence is due to our permanent concern with increasing
product quality and range but mainly to our solicitude and flexibility.
Because our main target is to have satisfied customers.
I. Submerged spirally
are welded pipes:
- diameter (219.1 - 1626) mm;
- wall thickness (4.8 - 12.5) mm;
- lenght (6 - 12.5) m;
- material OL 37.2, OL 42.2, OL 52.2 or other equivalent steel grades,
according to various execution standards.
- pipe lines for combustible fluids, petroleum, oil, gas, water pipe lines;
- heating pipe lines, gas mains, etc.;
- general purpose: installations, metallic constructions.
II. Spirally welded pipes coated with extruded polyethylene:
- according to SREN DIN 30 670,
- dimensional range 219.1 ÷ 813 mm,
- wall thickness between 5 and 14.2 mm.
- Manufacturing material L245 ÷ L415 or equivalent steel grades according to different standards of execution.
III. Longitudinally welded steel pipes with high frequency currents, black
and hot dipping galvanized:
- diameter 1/2" (21.3 mm) - 3 " (88.9 mm);
- wall thickness (0.8 - 4) mm;
- lenght (5.8 - 6) m;
- material OL 37 or other equivalent materials, according to various
- black longitudinally welded steel pipes for water, gases
and steam installations;
- black longitudinally welded steel pipes for metallic constructions,
plants and general purpose pipe lines.
IV.High Density Polyethylene Pipe (HDPE):
- made according to SR ISO 4437, ISO 44 27 from PE 80 and PE 100,
- with diameters between 20 and 315 mm,
- pressure: PN 4, PN 6, PN 6, 5 PN 10, PN 16
Used in distribution networks of drinking water, sewage pipes, irrigation, fuel gas distribution, protection of communications systems.
ZIMTUB has implemented ISO 9001 quality assurance system
certified by TÜV Suddeutschland München.
Main equipment ZIMTUB company is endowed with are:
- two automatic internal and external welding equipments made by LINCOLN - USA, operating on the
forming-welding installations provided by CSPEL Hungary;
In order to assure product's quality, ZIMTUB is equipped with:
- non-destructive testing equipments made by RICH SEIFERT and INSTITÜT DR.
- mechanical testing equipments;
- hydrostatic test equipments.
- spectrometer with optical emission type METAL - LAB 75/80 VSJ ITALIA
equipment and laboratories, ZIMTUB is also provided with a maintenance workshop
for maintenance and repair of equipment as well as utilities for the
production process (electricity, industrial water, compressed air, etc.)
At the same time, Company's logistics includes railway lines with access
ways to Zimnicea railway station and port, locomotives, waggons and
autovehicles, all of which assuring supply of raw materials and delivery of